Friday, April 8, 2011

Personal note - we are both doing well

Dear friends,

My wife is back at home, she is doing well, glory to God for His infinite mercy!

To be honest, last Tuesday was the worst day of my life as the list of really bad diagnoses for her symptoms is rather long one, and the one of (comparatively) "good" diagnoses is rather short.  By God's mercy and your prayers, my wife's ailment turned out to be rather easy to treat (3 units of blood, cauterization, antibiotics and a few pills to take on a regular basis).  Yet for a few excruciatingly terrifying hours I had to look at my worst fears, my own "room 101", to use Orwell's metaphor.

Your kind words of support, whether posted here or directly emailed to me, really deeply touched me and I am very grateful to you all for them.

In the meantime, the people of Japan have had their worst nightmare fully materialized.  David Rovics, whose wife is Japanese, just wrote this sad and beautiful song.  I will leave you all with this home-made video of David singing and I will, God willing, be back on a regular schedule on Monday.

Kind regards and many thanks,

The Saker